eG Peerformance Monitoring
Providing end-to-end visibility from users to servers to networks and storage, our award-winning eG Enterprise technology provides organizations with a 360-degree view of their entire IT infrastructure.
Many of the world’s largest deployments of virtualization, cloud, Citrix and virtual desktop technologies rely on eG Enterprise to make monitoring, diagnosis and reporting of key IT services fast, simple and complete. High service uptime, increased user productivity and satisfaction, reduced operational costs and effective capacity planning and optimization are some of the key benefits.
Universal Monitoring Technology
The eG Universal Monitor enables the unified monitoring of 180+ applications, 10+ operating systems, 10+ virtualization platforms and 20+ storage devices. Based on embedded domain expertise, the eG Universal Monitor provides performance monitoring insights into end-user experience, business transactions, applications and the supporting infrastructure (physical, virtual and cloud). Administrators have the flexibility to choose between agent-based and agentless monitoring options.
Deployment is very easy
The eG monitor can be loaded in a gold image and configured on-the-fly to monitor different applications or servers.
Licensing is simple
Based on the number of servers, and not on CPU/cores, the server operating or even specific applications.
Automatic Baselining and Analytics
Setting thresholds for thousands of performance metrics is tedious, time consuming and requires a great deal of expertise. In many cases, the thresholds must be time-varying (time of day, day of week) and cannot be set manually.
eG Enterprise auto-baselines all the metrics it collects. By analyzing historical data, it automatically determines time-varying thresholds. Multiple levels of thresholds are supported to allow problem escalation. Alerts are triggered when deviations from the norm are noticed, so you are informed pre-emptively before problems escalate and impact user experience.
Automatic Correlation and Diagnosis
Since IT infrastructures are very inter-dependent, a problem in one tier can ripple and affect all the other tiers. New inter-dependencies introduced by virtualization and cloud computing further accentuate the situation.
eG Enterprise embeds the industry’s first truly virtualization-aware root-cause diagnosis technology. Discovering application-to-application, application-to-VM and VM-to-physical machine dependencies, eG Enterprise correlates performance alerts from different tiers and automatically pin-points where the root-cause of a problem lies. This way you can resolve performance issues with accuracy in minutes rather than days.
Dashboard and Reports
eG Enterprise provides personalized views for different stakeholders in your organization. Real-time dashboards can be created and viewed in minutes. Aggregated metrics provide enterprise-wide views of IT demand, quality and utilization.
eG Enterprise also offers comprehensive pre-built and custom reports. High-level IT service performance reports help executives identify areas that need attention. Deep-dive operations reports allow IT managers to zoom into the performance of specific tiers of the infrastructure. Trending and forecasting reports help architects identify opportunities for optimization and cost savings.
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Only eG Enterprise automatically provides actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
eG Enterprise is a comprehensive end-to-end application performance monitoring solution that helps enterprises, service providers, and government agencies radically simplify and accelerate service delivery to boost user experience and ROI across virtual, cloud and physical IT environments.
The award-winning automated root cause diagnosis technology in eG Enterprise connects the dots and pinpoints the cause of performance issues with accuracy by auto-correlating user experience with the underlying infrastructure and application
Take a closer look at eG Enterprise’s unique capabilities and see how they help you deliver exceptional performance, user satisfaction and ROI.
END-TO-END PERFORMANCE VISIBILITY
In today’s dynamic and complex IT environments, traditional management tools suffer from limited visibility into service dependencies between users, applications, and IT infrastructure. With eG Enterprise, you can monitor every layer and every tier of the IT infrastructure and connect performance insight across applications, user experience, physical and virtual servers, network, and storage—with service availability and business productivity. Monitor the entire infrastructure from a single pane of glass.
AUTOMATED ROOT CAUSE DIAGNOSIS
When users complain about slow applications, IT teams find it difficult to diagnose the root cause: Is it the application code, web server, database, virtual platform, network, storage, etc.? Using a virtualization-aware, automatic root-cause diagnosis technology, eG Enterprise accelerates the discovery, diagnosis and resolution of performance issues. Resolve problems with accuracy in minutes rather than days, and allow your highly skilled IT staff to be more productive, instead of fighting fires all day.
PREEMPTIVE PROBLEM DETECTION & ALERTING
To prevent downtime and ensure user satisfaction, IT teams must be alerted to performance deviations well before end-users and business services are impacted.
eG Enterprise helps you to preemptively monitor, accurately detect, and quickly resolve performance issues before users notice. Self-learning baselines, built-in correlation rules and intelligent alerts ensure that your team is proactively alerted to performance issues, configuration changes, and abnormal usage and activity trends.
RAPID ROI THROUGH RIGHT-SIZING & OPTIMIZATION
Many IT expansion and transformation initiatives stall or fail due to cost overruns. Performance issues are often addressed by over-provisioning and adding hardware. With empirical data, trends and reports from eG Enterprise, you can right-size the IT infrastructure, maximize resource utilization, and reduce hardware and software costs. Realize maximum ROI, and efficiently plan future rollouts for any IT environment: virtual desktops, cloud migration, data center consolidation, legacy modernization, and more.
USER EXPERIENCE MONITORING
The success of IT initiatives is directly tied to user satisfaction. Therefore, IT performance monitoring can no longer be limited to tracking IT resources—CPU, memory, disk, etc. eG Enterprise monitors all aspects of a user’s experience for web applications, Citrix virtual applications, and more. With its real user monitoring (RUM), you can quickly see which transaction is slow, when, where, and why. Synthetic monitoring complements RUM by consistently testing applications 24x7 from different locations.
APPLICATION CODE-LEVEL VISIBILITY
Badly written application code and inefficient database queries affect application performance. Developers need code-level visibility to detect and fix such issues, and enhance user experience. Using a tag-and-follow approach, eG Enterprise traces web transactions as they are processed by each application tier. Transaction flow graphs help you quickly see where bottlenecks in transaction handling are occurring and to pinpoint the exact Java method, SQL query or external API call that is responsible for transaction slowdowns.
DEEP VIRTUALIZATION MONITORING
Virtualized IT environments are highly dynamic and heterogeneous, making manual performance diagnosis with legacy tools impossible. eG Enterprise’s unique, patented ‘inside-outside’ monitoring technology delivers both depth and breadth of insight into virtual infrastructures. The ‘outside view’ of a VM indicates the hypervisor’s physical resources used by a VM, while the ‘inside view’ of the VM highlights which applications and users are responsible for the resource usage.
UNIVERSAL MONITORING OF EVERY LAYER, EVERY TIER
Replace your legacy, silo monitoring tools with eG Enterprise’s universal monitor, which ensures unparalleled flexibility and speed of deployment. Licensing is based on server operating system or users (for Citrix/VDI), and not on CPUs/cores, the operating system or the specific application components being monitored. Administrators have the flexibility to choose between agent and agentless monitoring options.
AUTOMATIC DISCOVERY & DEPENDENCY MAPPING
Today’s IT infrastructures are highly interdependent. Manually mapping the many dependencies that exist between different tiers is nearly impossible. eG Enterprise goes far beyond discovering networks, servers, and applications as disparate elements. It auto-discovers all forms of infrastructure dependencies (application-to application, application-to-VM, and VM-to-physical machine) and presents the connected topology on intuitive maps.
INTELLIGENT REPORTING FOR AUDITING & ANALYSIS
IT administrators and architects need to understand how the IT environment is being used, as well as when and where inefficiencies and bottlenecks occur. eG Enterprise offers comprehensive pre-built and custom reports on users, applications, and infrastructure components to enable real-time and post-mortem analysis, forecasting and capacity planning, as well as auditing and compliance.
CONFIGURATION CHANGE TRACKING
A great majority of performance issues are caused by configuration errors or changes. Administrators spend many hours manually trying to determine what caused a performance impact. eG Enterprise allows you to track all configuration changes as they happen, compare configurations over time, and correlate performance issues with configuration changes, enabling you to quickly identify and fix issues.
INTEGRATION & EXTENSIBILITY
eG Enterprise’s monitoring capabilities are extensible for new and customized infrastructure elements. Easily add new applications and network devices, and build customized models for monitoring. Make deployment fast and easy by integration with orchestration tools. Ensure seamless integration with your service management processes using native integration with tools, such as ServiceNow, PagerDuty, etc. Minimize the learning curve for your operations team through tight integration with management tools like Microsoft SCOM.
- Operating Systems
- Third-Party Integrations
- eG Mobile App
|Data Domain||DD - series (160, 2200, 2500, 4200, 4500, 7200, 990)|
|Dell Compellent||SC9000 and SC4020|
|Dell EqualLogic||PS series|
|Double Take SAN|
|EMC Clariion SAN||AX4-5 series, CX4 series, CX3-series, and CX-series|
|EMC Unity||300, 450f|
|EMC VNX Unified Storage||VNX 5000 series, 7000 series, 8000 series|
|EMC XtremeIO||3.x, 4.x and above|
|Fujitsu Primergy Rack Server||RX series|
|Generic Storage RAID|
|Hitachi AMS||200, 500, 1000, 1500, 2100, 2500|
|Hitachi VSP Gx00 Series||VSP G200, G400, G600, G800|
|HP 3PAR||7XXX, 10XXX, 3PAR InServ(R) E200, 3PAR InServ F200, 3PAR InServ F400, 3PAR InServ S400, 3PAR InServ S800, 3PAR InServ T400, 3PAR InServ T800,|
|HP EVA StorageWorks||3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 8000 series|
|HP P2000 SAN||G3|
|IBM DS Raid Storage||DS4000, DS4100, DS4200, DS4300, DS4500, DS4700, DS4800, DS5000, IBM FastT series|
|IBM Storwize||6.2 and above of SVC and Storwize V series|
|LeftHand SAN Storage||P4000|
|NetApp USD||E series, V series, FAS series|
|Nimble Storage||CS210, CS215, CS235,CS300, CS500, CS700|
|Pure Storage||PurityOS REST API v 1.6 and above|
|QNAP NAS||TS - series|
- For monitoring Storage Devices, use an eG agent deployed on a remote Windows host.
|3COM Core Builder Switch|
|3Com Switch||2900 series|
|A10 Application Delivery Controller||AX 1030 ADC, AX 3030 ADC, AX 3200-12 ADC, AX 3530 ADC and AX 5630 ADC|
|Alcatel Switch||6580, 6600, 6800, 8800|
|Array Application Delivery Controller||AVX APV 3600, 6600, 7600|
|Bay Stack Hub|
|Blue Coat ProxySG||SGOS 18.104.22.168|
|Brocade SAN Switch||48000|
|Check Point Firewall||4.0.1|
|Check Point Smart Appliance||Smart-1 205, 210, 225, 3050 and 3150|
|Cisco ASA||5000 Series|
|Cisco Catalyst Switch||3850|
|Cisco Nexus Switch||5000 and 7000 Series|
|Cisco PIX Firewall|
|Cisco Router||ISR Series|
|Cisco SAN Switch|
|Cisco SG Switch||SG300-28|
|Cisco VPN Concentrators||3000 series|
|Cisco Wireless Accesspoint||300 series|
|Coyote Load Balancer|
|Coyote Point Equalizer|
|Dell EMC S Switch||S4048, S4128, S4148|
|Dell N Series Switch||N1500 Series|
|Dell Switch M-Series||M-series Version 1.0|
|F5 Big-IP Load Balancer|
|F5 Big-IP Local Traffic Manager||BIG-IP 11.0 Onwards|
|F5 BIG-IP LTM Analytics||BIG-IP 11.0 Onwards|
|Fibre Channel Switch||Brocade 300 V7.4.1D|
|Fortigate Firewall||Above v4.0 Versions|
|HP Switch||5120, 5500, 5820, 5830, 5800, A5830, A5500|
|Juniper EX Switch||EX4500 Series|
|Juniper SA & DX Devices||Juniper SRX 650|
|Load Balancer VA R20||VA R20, VA Max|
|Mikrotik Router||RB2011U Series|
|NetScreen Firewall||NetScreen-ISG 2000 version 6.3.0r16.0|
|OpenVPN Access Server|
|Palo Alto Firewall||PA-200, PA-500, PA-2020, PA-2050, PA-3020, PA-3050, PA-4020, PA-4050, PA-4060, PA-5020, PA-5050, PA-5060, PA-7050|
|Radware Alteon Load Balancer||5208, 6024, 6420, VA (Virtual Appliance)|
|SonicWall||TZ, NSA - series|
|WatchGuard Firewall||XTM - series|
- For monitoring Network elements, use an eG agent deployed on a remote Windows host.
|VMware vSphere/ESX||3.x, 3i, 3.5i, 4i, 4.x, 5.x, 6||Agentless|
|VMware vCenter||2.5, 4.x, 5.x, 6||Agentless|
|Citrix XenServer||4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7||Agentless|
|Microsoft Hyper-V||2.x and above||Agent-based|
|Nutanix Acropolis||3.5, 4.x, 5.5||Agentless|
|Nutanix Prism||3.5, 4.x, 5.5||Agentless|
|RHEV Manager||3.1 and higher||Agentless|
|AIX LPARs/IBM pSeries||5.0 and above||Agentless|
|IBM HMC Server||5.0 and above||Agentless|
|Oracle VM Server||3.3.1 and higher||Agentless|
|Oracle VM Manager||3.3.1 and higher||Agentless|
|Docker||1.4 and above||Agent-based|
|KVM Server||2.6 and above||Agent-based|
|Quality Virtual Desktop||2.0||Agentless|
|Microsoft Virtual Server||2005||Agent-based|
- Metrics collected may differ between agent-based and agentless approaches.
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||5 and above||Agent-based/Agentless|
|Solaris||7, 8, 9, or 10||Agent-based/Agentless|
|Windows||2008, Vista, 7, 8, 10, 2012, 2016||Agent-based/Agentless|
|AIX||4.3.3, 5.x, 6.1, 7||Agent-based/Agentless|
|HP-UX||10 and above||Agent-based/Agentless|
|Oracle Linux||6.x or higher||Agent-based/Agentless|
|CentOS||5.2 and above||Agent-based/Agentless|
|openSUSE||11 and above||Agent-based/Agentless|
|Novell Netware||Agentless only|
|MAC OS||Agentless only|
- Metrics collected may differ between agent-based and agentless approaches.
Integration with Third-Party Tools
|Alert/Workflow Management||Autotask, PagerDuty|
|ChatOps and Collaboration||HipChat, Slack|
|Infrastructure Automation and Orchestration||Integrate with orchestration engines (such as BMC BladeLogic Server Automation, HP Operations Orchestration, etc.) using CLI|
|IT Infrastructure Monitoring||Universal Management Pack available for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)|
|IT Service Management||BMC Remedyforce, JIRA Service Desk, ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus, ServiceNow|
|Network Management||Send alerts via SNMP traps to any network management tool (such as CA UIM, HP NNMi, IBM Netcool, SolarWinds, etc.)|
|Reporting and Analytics||Integrate with reporting and analytics tools using CLI|
|Server Hardware Monitoring||Integrate with Cisco UCS Manager, HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO), HPE Systems Insight Manager, Dell OpenManage, IBM Systems Director, and Oracle Integrated Lights Out Manager (ILOM) to collect server hardware health metrics|
|SMS Alerting||Integrate with any SMS gateway through REST APIs or web services|
The eG Mobile App is an extension of the eG Enterprise monitoring suite. It allows IT administrators to get access to critical alerts and performance metrics on their smartphones and tablets on the fly. The eG Mobile App is available on the following mobile platforms and devices.
- Boost customer satisfaction by ensuring rich user experience for web applications
- Enhance application responsiveness and proactively get alerted to performance deviations
- Accurately pinpoint the root cause of slow applications by monitoring and correlating performance within and beyond the application stack
- Maximize ROI and productivity by ensuring peak performance of applications on-premises and in the cloud
- Provide metrics, analytics and reports for different stakeholders: Application owners, IT operations, architects, developers, and helpdesk
IT applications are the backbone of today’s business services, and their performance has a significant impact on an organization’s business and brand. It is no longer enough for an application to just work; it must deliver exceptional user experience while maintaining high uptime and operational efficiency.
With application architectures becoming more web-based, cloud-driven, dynamic and virtualized, enterprises need a comprehensive application performance monitoring (APM) strategy. Tracking just the application up/down status and basic CPU and memory utilization metrics is not sufficient for performance troubleshooting.
A cohesive APM strategy with laser focus on end-user experience, application dependencies, and business impact is key to achieving superior application performance and ensuring customer satisfaction.
End-to-End APM with eG Enterprise
eG Enterprise is a robust performance management solution that enables enterprises to detect, diagnose, and resolve application performance issues before end-users are affected.
Aligned with Gartner’s functional dimensions of APM, eG Enterprise delivers deep performance visibility, proactive alerts, intelligent analytics and reporting to help organizations monitor and manage their entire application delivery chain. It automatically correlates performance across every layer and every tier of the infrastructure and delivers the actionable intelligence needed to prevent application slowdown.
Full Stack APM with eG Enterprise
eG Enterprise provides a unified web console to monitor user experience and application performance end to end, thus eliminating finger-pointing between application business owners, IT operations, DevOps, architects and developers.
Find and Fix Application Performance Issues Faster
- Be the first to know when user experience of web applications is affected, where, and how
- Track slow business transactions across the application architecture and identify the root cause: Is it malfunctioning application code or a slow database query?
- Get deep performance visibility and critical health metrics of applications and their dependencies—the underlying physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures
- Monitor over 180 applications out of the box including Citrix, SAP, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Dynamics, SharePoint, Exchange, Oracle, Java, and more
Key Capabilities of eG Enterprise for Application Performance Monitoring
End-User Experience Monitoring
- Real user monitoring (RUM) tracks how end-users interact with web applications in real time
- Identify which user, location, transaction is slow, and why
- Diagnose if application slowdown is due to the client browser, network, server, or content download
- Synthetic monitoring simulates user transactions 24x7, and actively tests and detects issues before users encounter them
Business Transaction Tracing
- Using byte-code instrumentation and an advanced tag-and-follow approach, eG Enterprise provides complete visualization of the transaction flow across every tier of the application architecture (web server, application server, database and remote method calls)
- Drill down to the exact line of application code and database query that is responsible for slow application performance
Application Topology Discovery & Dependency Mapping
- From a service perspective, visualize the application topology and all dependencies to physical, virtual and cloud infrastructures
- Auto-correlate application performance data with other infrastructure tiers to accurately pinpoint the root cause of performance issues
Deep Dive Performance Visibility & Diagnostics
- In a single click, drill down into any application or any infrastructure tier to monitor availability, health, performance and usage
- Intuitive dashboards classify performance data across functional layers, greatly simplifying problem diagnosis and troubleshooting
Analytics & Reporting
- Get actionable insight using proactive alerts, self-learning baseline thresholds, and built-in analytics tools
- Leverage out-of-the-box and custom reports for historical analysis, capacity planning, right-sizing, management reporting and auditing
eG Enterprise provides the best value for the money coupling visibility and excellent reporting. Using it’s automatic root cause analysis, we avoided throwing $ at the problem, and realized $20,000 in savings immediately.
CEO, Office Port
- Deliver great user experience for Citrix users: Provide fast and uninterrupted Citrix services.
- Proactively detect Citrix logon issues before end-users andbusiness services are affected.
- Speed up mean time to resolution (MTTR): Find and fix Citrix logon problems before users call the helpdesk.
- Benchmark and optimize your Citrix infrastructure: Be the first to know if any changes are impacting the Citrix logon experience.
- Complete visibility into Citrix logon performance: Monitor real user logon experience and simulation results from a single console.
User Experience & Logon Monitoring Challenges
For years, slow logons have been the most common complaint of Citrix users. When a user logs on multiple times in a day, from multiple devices, slow logons can lead to frustration and lower productivity. For Citrix administrators, slow logon is one of the most difficult problems to resolve because of the many steps involved in the logon process and its dependency on many Citrix tiers (StoreFront, Delivery Controller, XenApp/XenDesktop) and other infrastructure tiers (Active Directory, profile management, storage, etc.).
Tracking Citrix logon time is very challenging:
- There are many application and infrastructure tiers involved and it is impossible to track all the processes involved from one location in the network.
- It is difficult to get a consistent assessment of Citrix logon performance because different users are associated with varying profiles and policies.
- Furthermore, there will be times when no one is logging into the Citrix farm. It is important to know if Citrix logon is working at all times, and whether users can launch their applications and desktops successfully after they logon.
The Solution: Proactive Citrix Logon Simulation
The eG Enterprise Logon Simulator for Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop is a purpose-built synthetic performance moni-toring solution for providing proactive visibility into the logon performance of Citrix infrastructures. An integral part of the eG Enterprise performance monitoring suite, the Logon Simulator simulates exactly the same process that users perform when they logon to Citrix XenApp or XenDesktop.
Using an agentless approach, this tool simulates a user logging into a Citrix StoreFront or NetScaler gateway through a web browser, seeing a list of published applications and desktops, clicking on one or more of the applications or desktops, and launching them sequentially. Since each simulation tests the entire Citrix delivery infrastructure (NetScaler, StoreFront, Delivery Controller, XenApp Server, etc.), the results represent the cumulative health of all the tiers supporting Citrix logon.
Key Capabilities for Citrix Logon Simulation and Performance Monitoring
Detailed Diagnostics & Logon Analysis
The eG Enterprise Logon Simulator for Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop is simple to implement. Installed on any desktop with a web browser and Citrix Receiver, it targets a configured Citrix logon URL and chosen applications/desktops at pre-configured intervals, and tests Citrix logon availability and performance 24x7.
Any problematic step causing slow logon is clearly highlighted, so administrators can triage the problem immediately. The eG Enterprise Logon Simulator can be run from multiple endpoints and from any global or remote location.
Identify & Solve Key Citrix Logon Problems
- Slow session logon
- Session disconnect after logon
- Authentication failure
- Application unavailability
- Slow application enumeration
- Slow application launch
- Citrix session not starting after logon
Real User Logon Monitoring
Complement Citrix logon simulation by monitoring real Citrix users as they logon to their Citrix infrastructure. Identify the cause of slow logon by obtaining a breakdown of every step of the logon process—authentication, profile loading, GPO processing, etc. Get actionable data to troubleshoot issues and optimize user experience.
eG Enterprise helps pinpoint the cause of slowness: where the problem is, which users are experiencing issues, and whether it is an problem in Citrix or in the supporting infrastructure.
Why is the eG Enterprise Logon Simulator a Must-Have for Citrix Admins?
- Simulates the exact process that end-users go through during Citrix logon
- Helps baseline & compare logon performance across multiple locations
- Agentless and lightweight: Adds minimal overhead
- Tests if the entire Citrix delivery infrastructure works in concert to support user logon
- Automates alerts and accurately pinpoints logon issues
- Supports XenApp 6.x and 7.x, and XenDesktop 7.x
- 24x7 logon testing highlights issues before users notice
- Provides detailed application availability and logon metrics
- Complements eG Enterprise’s real user Citrix logon monitoring
With eG Enterprise, we can see and understand our whole IT infrastructure end to end, and ensure optimum performance. This is putting us one step ahead of our customers and we are now in full control of the user experience.
Cloud Monitoring and Cloud Performance Assurance with eG Enterprise
End-to-end monitoring for public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures
For enterprises that are accelerating their journey to the cloud—deploying new applications, migrating services to the cloud, and using cloud infrastructures to operate their business—success in cloud computing depends on ensuring that the performance of the applications and their service quality is equal to those deployed in their on-premises data centers. Whether a public, private or hybrid cloud infrastructure is used, holistic performance visibility is required to ensure successful service delivery and achieve high efficiency.
While cloud computing offers enterprises many benefits, it also poses several monitoring and management challenges. Given the distributed and heterogeneous nature of cloud environments, it is difficult to pinpoint the cause performance problems.
- Most cloud infrastructures involve multiple inter-dependent tiers: application, virtualization, storage, network, etc. A problem in one tier affects other tiers—making root cause diagnosis a challenge.
- Cloud environments involve multiple domains of control—one for infrastructure, another for applications, etc. Lack of centralized visibility makes performance monitoring difficult.
- The cloud infrastructure is shared and has workloads from multiple customers. Surge in demand from one customer’s workload can affect the performance of applications for another customer.
Cloud Service Delivery Assurance from eG Enterprise
eG Enterprise is a comprehensive unified performance management solution for cloud and on-premises infrastructures. Available in SaaS-based and on-premises deployment models, eG Enterprise enables the success of your cloud initiatives by delivering end-to-end visibility across user experience and performance of applications, database, virtualization, storage and network. From a single pane of glass, administrators can automatically:
- Discover cloud (public, private, hybrid) and on-premises infrastructures
- Map inter-dependencies between tiers
- Correlate performance insights across heterogeneous components
- Identify the root cause of performance issues for providing faster resolution
eG Enterprise offers total performance management across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS infrastructures, serving the needs of enterprises deploying applications in the cloud (cloud consumers) and service providers hosting cloud infrastructures (cloud providers).
We are truly impressed with eG Innovations cloud performance management solution. eG beats out most of the competition in terms of coverage for diverse virtual server environments as well as for its distinctive 'top down' and 'bottom up' real-time analytics.
Research Director, EMA
Public Cloud Monitoring
eG Enterprise provides out-of-the-box cloud monitor support for applications and services running on the public cloud including AWS and Microsoft Azure.
- Measure user experience of cloud services and be the first to know when users are affected and where
- Track the health of VM instances, regions, and subnetworks being used in the cloud provider’s infrastructure
- Compare real-time performance with dynamically calculated baselines and get alerted to deviations from expected service levels
- Identify performance issues that are caused by the public cloud infrastructure, rather than by your applications
Private Cloud Monitoring
eG Enterprise monitors your private cloud from end to end, providing actionable insights for performance troubleshooting and infrastructure optimization.
- Check the availability and responsiveness of the cloud service, ensure users can administer their VMs
- Monitor demand, consumption and quality metrics for every layer and every tier of the private cloud infrastructure
- Track application performance and correlate it with private cloud usage and performance to identify bottleneck areas
- Eliminate false positives and get alerted to the root cause of performance issues
- Access historical reports that highlight opportunities for optimization and right-sizing
Hybrid Cloud Monitoring
From a secure and reliable web-based monitoring console, eG Enterprise enables you to monitor your applications and services wherever they are hosted—on-premises, in the public cloud, in colocation facilities, or in hybrid cloud infrastructures. Using automated discovery and mapping between various infrastructure tiers, eG Enterprise helps administrators understand the relationships and interdependencies between cloud and on-premises infrastructure tiers.
- Automatically correlate events between physical, virtualized and cloud-based systems
- Manage resource capacity and right-size the infrastructure hardware (CPU, GPU, memory, disk, network) to support application workloads on your hybrid cloud environment
- Proactively detect service outages, application slowdowns, server downtime, network latency, virtualization and storage bottlenecks inside and outside the cloud environment
Enabling Successful Cloud Migration & Scaling
eG Enterprise provides in-depth performance visibility for migrating your on-premises applications and server workload to the cloud.
- Troubleshoot faster by gaining access to real user experience and application performance metrics in the cloud
- Out-of-the-box reports help compare performance of pre- and post-migration environments as you deploy new services or scale existing workloads in the cloud
- Synthetic monitoring of business transactions helps test performance and functionality before migrating to the cloud, to establish useful benchmarks
- Integrate with orchestration tools (HP, BMC, CA, etc.) for automated deployment and configuration
- Increase business efficiency by ensuring great performance and uptime for cloud hosted application
- In-depth analytics enable cloud architects to optimize cloud infrastructures for maximum performance
- Improve performance predictability and ensure successful cloud migration
- eG Enterprise serves as a single, secure monitoring solution for your cloud and on-premises environment
- Cost-effective: eG Enterprise is available as a SaaS solution
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
- eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
- Gain actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
- Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
- Unify IT performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
- Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
- Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and IT monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
Enterprise Application Monitoring
Boost business productivity on SAP, SharePoint, Office 365, and other enterprise applications
How to Deliver Top-Notch Performance of Enterprise Applications
Enterprise applications like SAP, Siebel and PeopleSoft are business critical. Slow or poor performance of these applications can result in revenue loss for businesses, unhappy users and lost productivity.
eG Enterprise Universal Insight helps operations teams assure the performance of enterprise applications. By monitoring, analyzing and correlating the performance of all the tiers that support the application, it helps organizations proactively detect and fix issues. Empirical data helps architects optimize and right-size their applications for maximal performance and utilization.
Enterprise applications are being deployed in a multi-tier architecture (web, J2EE, database, etc.). While multi-tier architectures offer scalability, they make monitoring and diagnosis harder. Since there are inter-dependencies between the tiers, a problem in one tier can impact all the other tiers. The administrator's challenge is how quickly he/she can identify where the problem lies (network? firewall? web? Java? SAP? database?) and resolve the problem quickly.
The deployment of enterprise applications on virtual machines poses additional challenges. The application performance is affected by that of the VM and the hypervisor it is running on. Dynamic migration of VMs further accentuates the problem.
eG Enterprise gives us performance insight into our business-critical applications. It provides real-time and detailed visibility of every key component. With its prediction and analysis reports, we can be proactive instead of reactive.
Thomas de Hoog
Travel Information GVB
Total Performance Management for Enterprise Applications
Monitoring of every layer, every tier of the application infrastructure
Auto-baselining of metrics so that alerts are triggered if any metric deviates from the norm
Automatic correlation and root-cause diagnosis to allow administrators to diagnose problems with a single click
Deep Insights into Enterprise Application Performance
Visibility into Java virtual machine (JVM) performance: thread activity, locking, garbage collection, heap and non-heap memory usage, class loading, etc.,
Enterprise application performance metrics: memory buffer utilization, active users, step-by-step transaction latencies, free worker processes, jobs scheduled and executed, database connections established, application errors, etc.,
Cross-tier visibility including network, database, virtualization platform and storage
Auto-Baselines the Performance of Each Tier
Establish time of day baselines for each metric, based on history
Multi levels of baselines for problem escalation
Ability for admin specified baselines
Proactive, multi-modal alerting via email, web, mobile, SMS, trouble tickets, etc.
Automatic, proactive alerting of issues
Identify the Root-Cause of Performance Problems with One Click
Represents each tier with a unique hierarchical layer model representation (supported out of the box for 180+ applications and platforms)
Service topology maps highlight inter-application dependencies
Auto-discovers hypervisor to VM, VM to application and inter-application dependencies
Patented automatic correlation technology analyzes performance across tiers and identifies where the root-cause of the problem lies
By proactively detecting and resolving enterprise application problems quickly, you can ensure business continuity and keep your users productive and satisfied
Increase business efficiency by ensuring great performance and uptime for enterprise applications (SAP, Siebel, etc.)
eG Enterprise Universal Insight is a force multiplier for IT productivity. With the total application performance visibility it offers, even helpdesk personnel are empowered to detect and resolve problems quickly
In-depth analytics enable enterprise architects to optimize their application infrastructure to deliver better performance
Provide a consistent and unified view for all the different stakeholders in your organization
Why eG? One Monitor to Manage All of IT.
eG Enterprise is the only single pane-of-glass, virtualization-aware, auto-diagnostic IT infrastructure performance monitor
Gain actionable answers to performance issues, wherever they originate, from application code to bare metal
Understand the impact of infrastructure issues on application performance and user experience
Unify IT performance monitoring, alerting, diagnosing, reporting, and capacity-planning in a single console
Ensure a great user experience and dramatically improve IT efficiency
Benefit from flexible deployment options (on-premises and SaaS) and IT monitoring approaches (agentless and agent-based)
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Monitoring
Ensure peak performance of virtual desktops on Citrix XenDesktop and VMware Horizon
Total Performance Assurance for Virtual Desktop Infrastructures
eG Enterprise is an end-to-end VDI monitoring solution that delivers single-pane-of-glass visibility into everything VDI — desktops, hypervisor, network, storage, and more. Whether you are pursuing a new VDI deployment or an upgrade project, eG Enterprise is your go-to tool for VDI performance assessment, user experience management, and resource optimization for Citrix and VMware technologies.
Explore monitoring for:
With eG Enterprise, we know that we can address every single monitoring or performance management issue that a customer environment may have around their digital workspace, that’s a powerful capability.
Get Answers to Key VDI Performance Questions
- Is VDI logon slow? Why? GPO? Large profile? Logon script?
- Which users are logged on? What applications are they accessing?
- Is there any lag in desktop access?
- Are there any machine failures or unregistered desktops?
- Which VDI sessions are resource-intensive? When are the peak usage times?
- Is network latency affecting VDI performance?
- Are the VDI hosts sized optimally for the current workload?
Intuitive VDI Monitoring Dashboards and Reports
100% web-based monitoring console (HTTP/S)
Intuitive monitoring dashboards with correlated insight
Out-of-the-box reports for historical data analytics
VDI topology and automated root cause diagnosis
Performance assessment for the entire VDI environment
Capacity planning and right-sizing insight
User active time and idle time reporting
Automatic baselining with self-learning thresholds
Proactively Monitor User Logon and Test VDI Readiness
- Simulate user logons and proactively catch issues before real users are affected
- Measure time taken for every step of the logon process from browser access, authentication, session establishment, enumeration to application launch
- Test application/desktop availability and logon performance 24x7
- Establish baselines and compare user experience across locations
- Analyze logon trends over time and identify anomalies
Top 3 Use Cases for Virtual Desktop Monitoring
Monitor virtual desktops as a service and not as individual silos
Get correlated visibility of the entire VDI environment from a single pane of glass.
Improve user experience and business productivity
Proactively monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot VDI performance bottlenecks.
Right-size and optimize the virtual desktop infrastructure
Use predictive analytics to forecast resource depletion and plan capacity expansion.
100% SaaS Service for VDI Assessment
- Track key user experience metrics in real time and be the first to know of issues
- Baseline VDI density, demand, usage and infrastructure metrics
- Identify capacity bottlenecks and highlight risks and constraints
- Use built-in reports to compare KPIs before and after migration
- Ensure peak performance of desktops and meet expected SLAs
- VDI assessment starts at the price of a daily cup of coffee
eG Enterprise at eBay: Solving VDI Problems for 10,000 End Users
Explore VDI Monitoring Solutions For
Single monitor for the entire IT environment
Simplify management across physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructures
Reduce mean time to repair
with unified visibility and auto-correlation of performance insights across the network and data center
Enhance operational efficiency and lower costs
by empowering the helpdesk to play an active role in incident management
Eliminate finger-pointing between IT teams
Network, systems, virtualization, storage, helpdesk, etc.
Increase cost savings by right-sizing the infrastructure
with capacity planning and resource usage analytics
Siloed Monitoring Is No Longer Sufficient
As IT infrastructures evolve in scale and complexity, it is not sufficient anymore to use a silo-based approach for monitoring wherein each technology tier is monitored independently. The increased adoption of virtualization and cloud computing has introduced new dependencies between tiers. A problem in one tier (e.g., virtualization) affects other tiers (e.g., applications) and, in turn, the quality of service delivery. Managing multiple consoles, sifting through dozens of false positives, and manually comparing metrics from different tools makes IT infrastructure monitoring complex and time-consuming. Without a unified view of the entire infrastructure, IT departments struggle to deliver the quality and reliability that today’s business requires.
Enabling a Single Pane of Glass View
eG Enterprise offers unified performance monitoring, diagnosis and reporting for IT infrastructures. Its universal monitoring technology provides visibility into every layer of every tier of an infrastructure: from hardware to applications, desktops to storage, virtualization to databases. Pre-defined monitoring models embed deep domain expertise for tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) for each tier. By computing time-of-day baselines for metrics, eG Enterprise makes monitoring proactive. Alerts are generated as soon as any abnormal usage or performance trend is observed.
Role-based access is used to present different views for different stakeholders in an organization. By providing cross-tier visibility to administrators, eG Enterprise eliminates finger-pointing between owners of different tiers. Custom views and dashboards can also be provided to the helpdesk, so domain experts need not be involved for every support call, thus enhancing the productivity of the IT teams and thus improving operational efficiency.
From Troubleshooting to Right-Sizing: Get Performance Answers
Unified monitoring with eG Enterprise helps IT managers answer the key performance questions that arise at each stage of the IT infrastructure deployment and operation:
Baseline the infrastructure: Automatic discovery of the entire IT infrastructure allows you to start monitoring in no time. Track KPIs for each infrastructure tier, auto-baseline metrics, and receive proactive alerts when abnormal performance or usage is detected.
Troubleshoot performance issues and pinpoint the root cause: Intuitive topology graphs deliver visualization of all infrastructure dependencies. eG Enterprise’s patented, automatic root cause diagnosis technology pinpoints the source of issues and isolates the problematic tier—whether it is the application, network, virtualization, cloud, storage, etc.
Go beyond monitoring IT performance: eG Enterprise tracks current configuration at the network, server and application layers, and detects changes that occur. It automatically correlates performance issues with any relevant configuration changes in the same timeframe, and provides situational awareness and meaningful insight.
Integrate IT operations with IT service management: Leveraging eG Enterprise’s integration capabilities, automatically open incidents in IT service management tools such as ServiceNow, PagerDuty, and JIRA to ensure timely remediation.
Quantify the quality of service for management: Monitor all aspects of user experience for web, Citrix and VDI applications. Administrators can create customizable dashboard views for different stakeholders, and use historical reports to document service levels being delivered for management review.
Right-size the infrastructure and optimize usage: Customizable reports based on empirical data highlight ways to right-size the infrastructure and optimize resource utilization. Administrators can easily figure out when and where resources need to be added, and predict usage and performance trends to facilitate proactive capacity planning.